What is the Trees4Florida Program?
Trees4Florida is a media campaign focused on making the public more aware of the need to be vigilant in maintaining our trees. Public service announcements for television, radio and print are available for download in English and Spanish.
The goals of the program are:
- Promoting the benefits of trees for Florida.
- Reversing negative public perception of tree failures by storms and hurricanes.
- Highlighting proper tree selection and placement (right tree for the right place).
- Importance of maintenance (pruning) trees to reduce storm damage.
- Restoring trees after a damaging storm to benefit communities and property values.
- Promoting professional safety inspection/wellness tree check-ups by certified arborists.
- Educating residents on how to hire an arborist.
Healthy Trees Give TREE-mendous Dividends.
According to the U.S. Forest Service, a single urban tree in Florida returns over $90,000 of direct benefits during the lifetime of that tree to the residents and visitors to the Sunshine State. Trees are Assets! They can benefit the environment in which we live by moderating climate, improving air quality, conserving water, and providing a habitat for wildlife. Trees can increase property values by 20% and can save 15 – 50% in air conditioning and heating costs. Additionally, trees can affect a community’s nature. Research shows that trees can reduce crime and make neighborhood safer and more sociable.
Quality of life depends on tree benefits. Healthy trees can provide tree benefits. Healthy trees require quality care. Quality care depends on us.
The Trees4Florida program was made possible by a grant from the Florida Forest Service jointly to the Florida Urban Forestry Council and the Florida Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture.